Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green

Today was all about GREEN being that it is St. Patty's Day. We had green Mickey Mouse pancakes and milk for breakfast and then we got all decked out in our green clothes. Brooklyn doesn't own any green since she only wants to wear pink so she made herself a green necklace, bracelet and ring. That's my girl. Resourceful and a total girly-girl. Hayden also joined in the fun with us and we loved having him. I let the kids decide what they wanted to do for the day and of course they picked a trip to the park so that is exactly what we did. Nothing like a little fresh air, slides and sand to make for some happy kids. I love watching the kids at the park, playing, running and laughing. I wouldn't have changed anything. Even Talmage loved watching the big kids play.

For dinner it was a green feast--green chicken, salad, freshly squeezed green lemonade and mint n' chip ice cream for dessert. It is amazing how something as simple as making the chicken green is so exciting to kids. It makes me want to try harder everyday to make it special. I haven't really gotten into the holidays but now that the kids are getting older I really am starting to enjoy the holidays more and more. I love that they give me the opportunity to really let them know how much I love them.

I still remember having green dinners as a kid and I hope that my kids will remember these fun traditions and share them with their kids one day. How awesome is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment